While the usual tourist attractions get their fair share of the crowd, there are also certain less explored regions in the country which are equally, if not more, exciting and fun to visit. Here is a small list of the things you can do while roaming around the country:
- Find love in Medinas – the medinas are the heart and soul of the city. The continuous chaos which runs through the streets depicts the never-tiring spirit of the city. Every turn and twist will bring you an unexpected surprise which will make you fall in love with the place. Be a little cautious though, as the love may end up burning a hole in your pocket.
- Trek through the Torda Gorge – recommended for those who love to take challenging hikes in unexplored regions, this gorge is quickly becoming one of the most talked about places to visit in Morocco. Challenging but fun!
- Climb the Atlas Mountains – the majestic range of Atlas Mountains stretched from the West Coast of Morocco all the way to Tunisia. Home to the Jebel Toubkal, the tallest peak in North Africa, the best time to hike the peaks is from April to May.
- Travel to Casablanca – home to the world famous Hassan II Mosque, the city is filled with positive energy from people from all corners of the world. The mosque itself is an architectural masterpiece with room to accommodate more than 100,000 worshippers at a time!
- Ride the waves – a popular location among surfers, Morocco features a huge industry for tourists as well as competitive surfing. Mostly populated during the winter season, the city of Taghazoute is the most popular surf town among the visitors.
- Cook and taste the local cuisines – Moroccan food is a unique blend of Berber, Arabic, Turkish, Middle Eastern, and French cuisines. With something from every neighbor, you can easily take some cooking classes to learn a few of these dishes and take back something more than just memories back home.
- Visit Atlas studios – home to some of the most iconic films in the world, the Atlas studio covers a region of more than 322,000 sq. ft. in the desert. Named after the famous mountain ranges, it is a must-visit if you consider yourself a movie buff.
Enjoy Essaouira – located just a few driving hours away from the city of Marrakesh, this beach is a popular destination for all tourists. After a relaxed day at the beach, make sure to try some of the local cuisines of fresh fish.